Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppHaiti, February 7, 2017 – Haiti TODAY swears in a new President; 45 year old Jovenel Moise and his Administration begin work officially now. It is to be an elaborate ceremony, costing around $1 million which is a paltry sum compared to previous ceremonies. Among the guests is a Trump Delegation from the US.The Turks and Caicos will not have a delegation at the event, says Border Control Minister Sean Astwood. Bahamas Foreign Affairs Minister, Fred Mitchell told Magnetic Media that attending on behalf of our country is resident Ambassador to Haiti, His Excellency, Captain Godfrey Rolle.#MagneticMediaNews #HaitiswearsinnewPresident Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:#HaitiswearsinnewPresident, #magneticmedianews
Post a comment 0 Tags Share your voice China’s media regulators have stopped accepting applications for new games. Getty Images China is again pushing pause on video games as it works through a backlog of applications caused by an earlier halt to new game licenses. The country’s media regulators have stopped accepting new applications for commercial video game licenses, according to a Financial Times’ report published on Wednesday. Central regulators reportedly haven’t accepted applications since September. This comes after China in August halted the approval of new game licenses due to a “restructuring of power” in government agencies. While China’s media regulating agency, the State Administration of Press and Publications, reportedly resumed approving commercial game licenses in December, developers will have to wait for the current backlog to get approved in order for the license application process to move forward, according to Financial Times. The agency has reportedly approved over 500 games since December, including Tencent’s Perfect World Mobile, but new games will have to wait to debut. Tencent, one of the biggest game developers in China, reportedly lost over $160 billion in market value in the first half of 2018, and smaller companies were struggling to survive, according to Bloomberg. China’s State Administration of Press and Publications didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. Gaming Politics
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government has reportedly decided to increase train passenger and freight fares in the wake of the cash-strapped Indian Railways struggling to raise its revenue.However, the government is yet to decide on the “timing” of implementation of the hike in fares.The Railways will face additional financial burden of Rs 32,000 crore in the next fiscal year as it has to implement the employee salary hikes recommended by the seventh pay panel, even as the department finds it difficult to reach annual revenue target.”(The) rail coffers are virtually empty. A decision on hiking fares has been taken though railways minister Suresh Prabhu remains undecided on the timing and manner of the announcement,” sources familiar with the matter told the Hindustan Times.The railways freight traffic stayed 7 percent below the target set for the April-December period in the current fiscal year. Passenger bookings were also 5 percent lower than projected.A rise in fares can come directly or indirectly, sources said. The public transporter may hike its services cost if it wants to implement the fare increase indirectly.”The hike will be announced before or after the budget,” the sources told the daily.Increasing fares before or after the budget will help the Railways make more income in the peak travel season, which starts from March.Soon after taking charge in 2014, the NDA government had increased train fares by 14 percent, besides levying the Swachh Bharat cess last year.Last week, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu had said that the revenue of Indian Railways would increase by 50 percent over the next five years, as the department is in the process of raising funds from foreign investors.The total income of the Indian Railways went up by 12.16 percent to Rs 1,57,880.5 crore in the last fiscal year ending March 2015, compared to Rs 1,40,761.27 crore in the previous year.
Smoke billowing following a suicide car bombing in Rashidin, west of Aleppo that targeted buses carrying Syrians evacuated from two besieged government-held towns of Fuaa and Kafraya. Photo: AFPA suicide car bomb attack on buses carrying Syrians evacuated from two besieged government-held towns killed 43 people on Saturday, as US-backed fighters advanced in their push towards the Islamic State group’s Raqa stronghold.The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the blast targeted buses carrying residents evacuated from the northern towns of Fuaa and Kafraya under a deal reached between the regime and rebels.“The suicide bomber was driving a van supposedly carrying aid supplies and detonated near the buses,” the monitoring group said.It said most of the dead in the explosion in rebel-held Rashidin, west of Aleppo, were evacuees, but the blast also killed several rebels who had been guarding the buses.Thousands of evacuees had been stuck on the road because of a disagreement over the number of rebels allowed to leave two other towns included in the deal.The evacuation process resumed following the blast, the Observatory said.AFP’s reporter at the scene saw several bodies, body parts and blood scattered on the ground.The wounded including several children received treatment at a hospital in the government-held part of Aleppo.The bombing took place as thousands of evacuees from Fuaa and Kafraya waited to continue their journey to regime-controlled Aleppo, the coastal province of Latakia, or Damascus.The rebel group Ahrar al-Sham condemned the bombing.“We reject any accusations levelled at opposition for this heinous crime,” a senior official tweeted. “Our role was to secure civilians not kill them.”More than 5,000 people who had lived under crippling siege for more than two years left the two towns, along with 2,200 evacuated from rebel-held Madaya and Zabadani, on Friday.Syria’s war has left more than 320,000 people dead since erupting in 2011, with more than half the population forced from their homes and hundreds of thousands trapped under siege.It has sucked in regional and international powers and allowed jihadist groups to seize vast areas of the country.SDF advancesUS-backed fighters reached the outskirts of a key jihadist-held town in northern Syria on Saturday as part of an offensive aimed at the IS bastion of Raqa.The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), an Arab-Kurdish alliance supported by a US-led coalition, surrounded Tabqa in early April and have cut its main supply routes.The town and a nearby dam are key prizes in the broader offensive for Raqa, the jihadists’ de facto Syrian capital about 55 kilometres (35 miles) to the east.An SDF military source said Saturday that clashes were fierce and that the alliance’s forces were “trying to penetrate the town from the east and west”.SDF fighters are within a few hundred metres (yards) of Tabqa and engaged in heavy fighting as IS counter-attacked, said Observatory head Rami Abdel Rahman.The SDF launched a campaign for Raqa in November, backed by US-led coalition air strikes, advisers and artillery. It has since captured most of the surrounding province.Tabqa sits on a key supply route into Raqa and served as an important IS command base, housing the group’s main prison.Evacuation in balanceBacked by Russia and local militias, pro-government forces have made a string of recent gains.The government and rebels have brokered a series of deals to evacuate people from besieged areas, which Damascus touts as the best way to end the violence. Rebels say they are forced out by siege and bombardment.The deal involving the evacuees targeted on Saturday has been beset by delays, and the 5,000 Fuaa and Kafraya residents had waited in Rashidin for more than a day without moving before the bomb went off, an AFP correspondent said.Around 2,220 evacuees from Madaya and Zabadani were similarly blocked at a transit point in government-held territory, one of them told AFP by telephone.State television said the car bombing had been carried out by “terrorist groups”, a term the regime applies to all armed opposition groups.The main opposition High Negotiations Committee (HNC) condemned the bombing, saying that “terrorism shall end if a political transition takes place”.Many residents had earlier expressed regret over not knowing when, if ever, they would be able to return to their homes.“It’s terrible to be uprooted like this, to go and live in a place that is not ours,” said Jama Nayef, a vet from Fuaa.
This undated file photo provided by the Baltimore Police Department, shows Donte Crawford. Crawford was charged as an adult with attempted murder in the stabbing of a schoolmate at Renaissance Academy High School in Baltimore. Baltimore police spokesman T.J. Smith said in a statement that the student died Sunday, Dec. 21, nearly a month after the Nov. 24 stabbing. (Baltimore Police Department via AP)BALTIMORE (AP) — A 17-year-old student who authorities say was stabbed by another teen in a Baltimore high school classroom has died.Baltimore police spokesman T.J. Smith said in a statement that the student died Sunday night, nearly a month after the Nov. 24 stabbing at Renaissance Academy High School.Lt. Jarron Jackson, another police spokesman, identified the slain student as Ananias Jolley.Seventeen-year-old Donte Crawford is charged as an adult with attempted murder in the attack. Smith says investigators are working with the State’s Attorney’s Office to file additional charges.Police said Crawford, a 10th-grader, went into an occupied third-floor classroom, stabbed the 11th-grader and ran away. Crawford was arrested a short time later at home. Police said it wasn’t clear what prompted the attack.___This story has been corrected to show that Jackson is a lieutenant, not a sergeant.