0Shares0000Antonio Conte has signed a three-year contract at Inter Milan worth nine million euros ($10 million) plus bonuses, according to press reports © AFP/File / Glyn KIRKMILAN, Italy, May 31 – Inter Milan on Friday announced the appointment of former Chelsea and Italy boss Antonio Conte as coach with the ambition of moving the club out of Juventus’ shadow.The 49-year-old former Chelsea manager has signed a three-year contract worth nine million euros ($10 million) plus bonuses, according to press reports. He replaces Luciano Spalletti who secured Chinese-owned Inter’s Champions League berth for a second consecutive year on the final day of the Serie A season last Sunday.With the 18-time Serie A champions searching for a first trophy since the Coppa Italia in 2011, Conte boasts a powerful pedigree.He won the first three of Juventus’ eight straight Serie A titles and the Premier League and FA Cup as Chelsea boss.“A new chapter is opening in my life,” Conte said. “I can’t wait. I have chosen Inter because of the club it is, for its plans and ambition.”Inter chairman Steve Wang added: “I am sure Antonio Conte is one of the best coaches.“I am sure he will help us to reach our target … to make this club one of the best in the world again.”Conte had also been linked with a return to champions Juventus, after his successor in Turin Massimiliano Allegri announced he was leaving the club.Spalletti took over at Inter in mid-2017 having previously coached Zenit Saint Petersburg and Roma.But it proved a season of highs and lows with the club eliminated at the group stage of the Champions League in which they were drawn with Barcelona and Tottenham.They fell in the last 16 of the Europa League.Inter snatched fourth place, equal on points with Atalanta, but behind the side from Bergamo on head-to-head difference, to edge city rivals AC Milan by just one point in the race for elite European football.Inter announced Spalletti’s departure on Thursday with Zhang paying tribute to the 60-year-old who paid for failing to lift any silverware.“A coach, a teacher, a friend,” Zhang wrote on Instagram with a photo of himself alongside Spalletti.0Shares0000(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)
The Australian Transport Safety Bureau has dismissed a story from the Dailymail.co.uk regarding debris found on the seabed as being “highly likely” from MH370 as incorrect.The article which has been picked up by major wire services claims that images of debris are Category 3 being the most likely to be plane debris. In fact it is the reverse with Category 3 being the least likely and Category 1 the most likely.In a statement for Airlineratings.com the ATSB said: “The article describes ‘Category 3’ sonar finds as being the most likely to be aircraft debris. In fact, they are the least likely to be aircraft debris. Classification 3 is assigned to sonar contacts that are of some interest as they stand out from their surroundings but have low probability of being significant to the search. The underwater search so far has identified more than 400 seabed features that have been classified as category 3.”The pictures touted by the online website as “new” were in fact taken months ago and posted to the ATSB’s website to show some of the random items being found by the search teams.In all probability the objects are shipping containers that have been swept overboard in a storm.
The Punjab government has decided to pay ₹2,500 per acre as compensation to small and marginal farmers who have not burnt their paddy straw.State Agriculture Secretary Kahan Singh Pannu on Wednesday said that farmers cultivating non-basmati paddy and owning land up to five acres, would get ₹2,500 per acre compensation for not burning the residue. “Firstly, the beneficiary of this compensation should be a farmer who owns up to five acres of land in his name, his wife and children under 18 years of age. Secondly, the aforesaid farmer should cultivate non-basmati paddy in the above mentioned area and should also not have burnt paddy residue in any part of his field,” he said.While explaining the procedure for seeking compensation, Mr. Pannu said those farmers who fulfilled the above stated conditions, would have to submit the self-declaration performa with the panchayat concerned by November 30. Money in bank account“The performa is available with the village panchayats. The compensation amount would be directly credited to the bank account of the eligible farmers,” he added.Mr. Pannu said burning paddy residue was in blatant violation of the orders of the Supreme Court and warned of strict action against farmers who violate it.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, February 13, 2017 – Turks and Caicos continues to take seriously the potential of the European market, and though the Air Passenger Duty tax imposed by the UK on people flying over 2,000 miles is reported as increased slightly to £73 per person over the age of 16 years, still interest in European tourists has not waned. Courtney Robinson is the Marketing Executive for the TCI Tourist Board in London and represented the country at the recently held, Destination Holiday Travel show. Over 70 tourist boards attend the event, billed as the UKs biggest and longest running travel show. Recommended for you Electricity Cost of Service Study among the big agenda items at September 11 Cabinet meeting Related Items:#magneticmedianews The Destination Holiday travel show was on in London at the Olympia Exhibition Center from Feb 2-5, 2017.#MagneticMediaNews Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp ALERT # 2 ON POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE ISSUED BY THE BAHAMAS DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 9 PM EDT The TCI Tourist Board said by exhibiting at the prestigious event, many potential vacationers had a chance to learn more about the Turks and Caicos including world renowned Grace Bay Beach. Also highlighted in the exhibit were the award-winning luxury accommodations and some of the more picturesque scenes from around the country. The Luxury of Grace Bay in Down Town Provo
KUSI Newsroom Posted: May 9, 2018 SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — Firefighters worked for about an hour Wednesday morning to knock down flames that scorched a fishing boat docked in a Mission Bay marina, authorities said.The flames were first reported at 1:05 a.m. at the Dana Marina in the Quivira Basin inlet of Mission Bay, at 1710 West Mission Bay Drive, San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokeswoman Monica Munoz said. Lifeguards and firefighters on boats and on land found smoke coming from the lower cabin of the 60-foot Pacific Sport Fishing yacht.“Fortunately no one was on board and the fast work of crews prevented the spread of the fire on the vessel and also prevented damage to nearby vessels,” Munoz said.U.S. Coast Guard personnel also responded to the scene alongside the firefighters and lifeguards to address potential pollution issues, Munoz said.Investigators believe the blaze most likely started in a refrigerator circuit in the lower cabin area, Munoz said. An engine crew remained at the scene for more than five hours to monitor for hot spots and flareups.Lifeguards were working with the dock master this morning to notify the vessel’s owner. KUSI Newsroom, May 9, 2018 Firefighters knock down fishing boat fire in Dana Landing Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
According to Meredith president and CEO Stephen M. Lacy, ad revenues company-wide continue to be “significantly impacted by the recession. However, certain revenue streams not tied to advertising are growing, particularly our integrated marketing, brand licensing and video production activities.”Despite the special charge and higher paper prices, Meredith’s total operating expenses declined 2.8 through the first six months of fiscal 2009, the company said.Looking ahead to fiscal third quarter 2009, Meredith says declining ad revenue will continue to affect its businesses. Publishing ad revenue for the third quarter is down 15 percent, compared to a decline of 20 percent through the first six months. Ad revenue in its broadcasting group is down nearly 40 percent, driven mostly by a 70 percent decline in advertising from the automotive segment.“We possess a strong balance sheet, modest levels of debt at a low cost of funds and adequate liquidity supported by strong operating cash flow,” Lacy said. Meredith Corp. incurred a $16 million special charge in the fiscal second quarter of 2009 associated with reducing its overall workforce by approximately 250 people, the closing of Country Home magazine and relocating its Parents.com and ReadyMade operations to its headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa, the company said today. After factoring the special charge, Meredith reported net earnings of $31.1 million through the first six months of fiscal 2009, down 44 percent from $69.4 million from the same period last year. Revenue for the period was $736.6 million, compared to $800.3 million during the same period in fiscal 2008Operating profit in the publishing division declined nearly 50 percent to $48 million through the first six months, compared to $100 million during the same period last year (excluding the special charge, operating profit would have been $61 million, the company said). Advertising revenues were down to $271 million compared to $333 million from the same period the prior year.
YouTube: MavixxxConspiracy theorists have long been alleging that aliens from deep space used to visit earth regularly, and most of the time, they will be hiding near mountain ranges and underwater. Adding heat to their claims, an anonymous alien researcher known by the name ‘Mavixxx’ has released a mysterious video that shows two unidentified glowing objects hovering above the Wasatch Mountain ranges in Utah.After uploading the video of the bizarre UFO sighting on YouTube, Mavixxx claimed that the clip was sent to him by a user named Pana Rican. The conspiracy theorist also revealed that the alleged sighting happened on June 04, 2019. In the video which was shot in broad daylight, two unidentified flying objects, one pretty large when compared to the other was seen hovering silently above the ranges.In the same video, Mavixxx has also unveiled several other UFO sightings that happened in the past few months, and out of them, the most interesting one being a clip apparently captured from Edmonton, Canada. In the clip, a jet plane can be seen flying low, and in the meantime, a cylindrical UFO zipped past the flight at an amazing speed.The video uploaded by Mavixxx has already gone viral on the internet, and as of now, it has racked up thousands of views on YouTube. After watching the video, conspiracy theorists outlandishly claimed that these sightings are authentic proofs of alien existence. As per these conspiracy theorists, aliens are building secret bases on mountains, and the activities are carried out with the knowledge of the government and space agencies like NASA.These conspiracy theorists argue that NASA is intentionally covering up the secrets regarding alien life fearing public panic.”The first those are on the other side of those massive mountains and just too far to gain a visual but they are very big and there’s two. In a split second of the frame, I see a fighter jet In the upper right corner. Is there a base nearby?” commented Muttaxe444, a YouTube user.”Thank people like MAVI for creating youtube channels such as this, to tell the truth, that people yearn for,” commented Kalifornia Kid, another YouTuber.
A broker reacts while trading at his computer terminal at a stock brokerage firm in Mumbai, India.Reuters fileThe equity benchmark Sensex on Monday dived about 346 points owing to an intense fag-end selling mainly in auto and energy stocks as fresh worries about weakening rupee and rising crude oil prices resurfaced.Similarly, the NSE Nifty fell by 103 points to 10,482.20 points. The benchmark Brent crude snapped its four-day losing streak and rose 2.09 per cent to 71.62 per barrel after Saudi Arabia, the world’s top crude exporter, said on Sunday it will cut oil output from next month, as major producers held a key meeting to discuss shoring up sliding prices.Further impacting domestic market sentiments, the Indian rupee again breached the 73-mark, dropping 57 paise (intra-day) to 73.07 against the dollar.Besides, a caution prevailed among investors ahead of key macro data — the index of industrial production (IIP) for September and CPI inflation for October — to be released later in the day. Mixed leads from most other Asian markets and a lower opening of European shares too fuelled the downtrend.”Markets failed to hold the early gains and lost nearly a per cent, pressurised by weak global cues. Participants were in profit-taking mood from the beginning and mostly sectoral indices traded in tandem with the benchmark index. The decline was widespread and broader market indices too ended with a loss of nearly a per cent each,” an analyst said.The 30-share Sensex opened on a strong footing at 35,287.49 and advanced to scale a high of 35,333.22 in line with a firming trend at other Asian markets and fresh inflows of funds by foreign investors. A man looks at a screen across the road on the facade of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai.Reuters fileHowever, profit-booking by investors at better prices wiped out initial gains and the Sensex slipped to a low of 34,756.80 before settling 345.56 points, or 0.98 per cent, down at 34,812.99. During the volatile session, it swung over 576 points on alternate bouts of hectic buying and selling.The gauge had lost 79.13 points on Friday. The broader NSE Nifty slipped below the 10,500-mark by falling 103 points, or 0.97 per cent, at 10,482.20. It touched a high of 10,645.50 and a low of 10,464.05 during the day.Meanwhile, on a net basis, foreign funds bought shares worth a net Rs 614.14 crore, while domestic institutional investors (DIIs) sold shares to the tune of Rs 337.28 crore on Friday, provisional data showed. Selling was more pronounced in auto, oil and gas, PSU and banking stocks which dragged the indices into the negative zone.Among Sensex constituents, Tata Motors was the worst hit, plunging 4.84 per cent, followed by Hero MotoCorp at 3.82 per cent. Other laggards include PowerGrid 2.87 per cent, Maruti Suzuki 2.64 per cent, Adani Ports 2.61 per cent, Vedanta Ltd 2.59 per cent, Yes Bank 2.24 per cent, M&M 2.06 per cent, SBI 1.86 per cent, Bajaj Auto 1.80 per cent, Asian Paint 1.74 per cent, Coal India 1.55 per cent, HDFC Bank 1.35 per cent and RIL 1.34 per cent.Also, ITC Ltd, HDFC Ltd, Sun Pharma, Axis Bank, Bharti Airtel, NTPC, HUL, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, Wipro and ONGC succumbed to selling pressure and lost up to 1.23 per cent.In contrast, Tata Steel, Kotak Bank, Infosys, TCS and L&T emerged gainers, rising up to 1.67 per cent. Shares of oil marketing companies and aviation operators came under selling pressure after the international benchmark Brent crude again breached the USD 71-mark.State-run HPCL, IOC and BPCL lost up to 7 per cent. In the aviation space, shares of Jet Airways and Interglobe lost up to 5.43 per cent. Sector-wise, the BSE auto index was the worst performer by slumping 2.31 per cent, followed by oil&gas 1.94 per cent, PSU 1.92 per cent, power 1.86 per cent, realty 1.60 per cent, metal 1.33 per cent, infrastructure 1.03 per cent, bankex 0.84 per cent, FMCG 0.75 per cent, healthcare 0.72 per cent and capital goods 0.43 per cent.However, consumer durables index remained on the top by rising 1.38 per cent and IT by 0.46 per cent. Globally, in the Asian region, Korea’s KOSPI fell 0.27 per cent, while Japan’s Nikkei moved up 0.09 per cent.Shanghai Composite Index rose 1.22 per cent and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng gained 0.12 per cent. In the eurozone, Frankfurt’s DAX down 0.78 per cent and Paris CAC 40 fell 0.28 per cent in their early trade.