In recent weeks a package of the 2006 NTL Mens, Womens and Mixed Open was shown on Fox TV. This was a great step forward for Touch as we have been off the main-stream television screens for quite a number of years.TFA would like to thank all of the state offices, who contributed financially to assist TFA in producing the package and having it shown. To date, the feedback has been extremely positive, with Touch fans Australia-wide complimenting the footage that was shown, as well as the clips introducing the sport and basic elements of the game. The success of the package was a credit to all of the staff, team management and players, who worked hard to ensure the sport was shown in a professional light. There was certainly no shortage of highlights for the package, with the Sydney Mets Mixed side putting on a touchdown show, the Womens Open final between the Mets and Sharks proving a very tight affair and the Mens Open final giving us one of the best NTL finals to date.(The Garry Sonda through-the-legs special was definitely one for the highlights reel!)With FOX Sports being available in around 1.75 million homes and over 6,000 commercial venues, the potential of the showing to increase awareness and knowledge of the sport is huge.Following on from the success of the showing in Australia, the package was also picked up by ABC Asia Pacific, who will be showing the package in up to 50-60 Asia Pacific nations in coming weeks. The package has already been shown in Hong Kong and here is a list of countries that may view the NTL Touch Football package in the future:Cook IslandsFijiFrench PolynesiaGuamSamoaKiribatiSolomon IslandsNauruNew CaledoniaNiueMarianasPalauPapua New GuineaTahitiTokelauTongaTuvaluVanuatuWallis and FutunaAfghanistanArmeniaAzerbaijanBangladeshBhutanBruneiCambodiaPeoples Republic of ChinaEast TimorFederated States of MicronesiaHong KongIndia IndonesiaKazakhstanLaosNepalSri-LankaTibetTurkmenistanUzbekistanJapanMacauMalaysiaMongoliaMyanmar (Burma) North KoreaPakistanPhilippinesSingaporeSouth KoreaRepublic of China (Taiwan)ThailandVietnam.TFA will be selling copies of the 2006 NTL package on DVD in the coming weeks, so if you missed out on seeing the package or want to see it again, keep an eye on the TFA website for when they’re available and for how to place your order.
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Henrik Larsson linked with Southend jobby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Manchester United striker Henrik Larsson is being linked with a return to England.The Daily Mail says he has emerged as a target for Southend United.The League One side want to bring in the Swedish icon to replace Kevin Bond.The Shrimps side have been without a manager for two weeks.They remain winless this season in the league and lost 4-3 at Shrewsbury last night.They’ve lost seven and drawn one of their eight games so far this campaign.Larsson quit as Helsingborgs boss last month over the alleged level of “verbal insults” he received.
Will FulerNo. 9 Notre Dame used some luck of the Irish to pull out a 34-27 victory over Virginia on the road. With starting quarterback Malik Zaire out of the game with what appeared to be a serious ankle injury, and his team trailing 27-26, back-up QB DeShone Kizer took the team downfield in the final minutes, tossing the game winning touchdown to wide receiver Will Fuller with 12 seconds remaining. Fuller’s game-winning score stunned the upset-minded Cavalier faithful. pic.twitter.com/o92NxfHftl— Luke Zimmermann (@lukezim) September 12, 2015Wow. What a gut-wrenching loss for Mike London and the Cavs, and what an escape for Brian Kelly and the Fighting Irish.
NEW ORLEANS – The Trump administration is easing rules imposed on offshore oil and gas drilling six years after the nation’s worst offshore oil spill.The decision won immediate praise from an offshore drilling group, but environmentalists said it would increase the risk of future disasters.The changes, which will take effect Dec. 27, come as the administration seeks to expand offshore drilling into areas where it is currently banned and has scrapped an Obama-era policy to protect oceans and the Great Lakes, replacing it with one emphasizing economic growth.A 48-page notice from the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement published Friday in the Federal Register says the agency “has become aware that certain provisions in that rulemaking created potentially unduly burdensome requirements for oil and natural gas production operators … without meaningfully increasing safety of the workers or protection of the environment.”An offshore drilling industry group said it’s a positive step.“The revisions develop a rule that reduces unnecessary burdens placed on industry, while still maintaining world-class safety and environmental protections. We have a rule that is not a safety rollback, but instead incorporates modern technological advances,” Randall Luthi, president of the National Ocean Industries Association, said in a news release.The Center for Biological Diversity, an environmental group, said the changes raise the risk of more deadly accidents like the one that killed 11 men on the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig in 2010 and spewed an estimated 134 million gallons (507 million litres) of oil into waters off Louisiana.The group objected most strongly to dropping a requirement for third-party inspections of offshore drilling safety equipment — something oceans program director Miyoko Sakashita (sah-KAHSH-tah) called one of the biggest recommendations resulting from the Deepwater Horizon spill.The new rules replace that with design testing and documentation by the operator, with independent review and certification if a device is moved to a different location.“In a time when there is this tremendous push to expand offshore oil and gas drilling, if anything we need to be tightening up regulations and making it safer rather than rolling back regulations for industry safety,” she said in a phone interview.“We’ve seen in the past that just allowing the industry to regulate itself is not an effective way to prevent oil spills and protect the safety of workers,” she continued. “So it’s important to have the third-party oversight.”The agency, often referred to by the initials BSEE, said it is keeping “multiple layers of review to ensure safety and environmental protection in the design, installation and testing” of safety systems.“BSEE expects those procedural changes will continue to ensure safety and environmental protection, especially because of the other, more substantive, regulatory requirements applicable to safety equipment design, function, maintenance, and testing that are being retained or enhanced,” it said in a response to comments made to its original proposal last year.The agency said those include requiring most types of safety and pollution prevention equipment to be independently “design-tested” against detailed testing criteria, and requiring such equipment to be made and marked under a quality assurance program meeting standards approved by the agency.
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant Wednesday proved the majority of his BJP-led government in the Assembly, comfortably winning a floor test in the House. Twenty MLAs voted for the motion of confidence in the two-day old government, while 15 opposed it. The special session of the House was convened by Governor Mridula Sinha to conduct the floor test, after Sawant was sworn in as the CM during wee hours of Tuesday. Besides 11 members from BJP, three each from Goa Forward Party, MGP and Independents supported Sawant during the head count conducted in the House. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details The Assembly session was presided over by Deputy Speaker Michael Lobo. All the 14 MLAs of Congress and one from NCP stood up against the motion. After winning the trust vote, Sawant appealed all the members to join hands with him to ensure that developmental work reaches every nook and corner of the state. The change in leadership in the coastal state was necessitated due to the death of then CM Manohar Parrikar on Sunday.
Before his fateful back injury, if you had asked New Jersey native and high school quarterback Will Lauricella where he’d be in two years, he wouldn’t have told you he’d be a javelin thrower on the track and field team at Ohio State. When faced with a stress fracture in his lower vertebrae, Lauricella made a life-changing decision. “I decided for my safety not to do football anymore and all my friends were doing track and field so I decided to go out for the team with them,” Lauricella said. “I fell in love with it.” Lauricella made the choice and hasn’t looked back. The freshman placed first at four consecutive meets before finally meeting his match at the Drake Relays in Des Moines, Iowa, on April 29. Lauricella decided to look at the positive side of the losing performance. “The Drake Relays was the biggest learning experience of my life for my javelin career,” he said. “I learned that, to be successful in the javelin in a college career, you just really have to be consistent and throw your marks.” Consistency has defined Lauricella’s performance this season. In all five outings, he’s thrown more than 60 meters. Sophomore teammate Aaron Roberts is impressed with what’s he’s seen from Lauricella. “Obviously, he’s off to a great start to his career,” Roberts said. “He won his first three or four meets and that’s really awesome. … For a freshman to come in and really help us out like that is a huge benefit for our team, and he’s set himself up for a great four years here.” When Lauricella arrived, there was much discussion that he may be redshirted. However, Lauricella’s throws impressed his coach so much that they decided to start him as a true freshman. “We were going to redshirt him, but he was looking so good in practice we decided, ‘Let’s just throw him in,’” coach Robert Gary said. Even Lauricella wasn’t entirely sure he was ready to face top collegiate competition. “We were talking about redshirting at first,” Lauricella said. “I only have a couple years under my belt of this, but the fact that I have such a good chance to even win Big Tens or score high is just great so far. I never thought I’d be at this point.” Gary was confident Lauricella was ready to perform. “We just thought, ‘Let’s not waste it; let’s let him go,’” Gary said. Going into the Big Ten Outdoor Championships, Lauricella is ranked fourth among Big Ten javelin throwers. But his sights are set on taking first place this weekend. “I’m hoping for one to three, but I really think if I throw my best and the competition throws the way they’ve been throwing, I should be shooting for one or two,” Lauricella said. But no matter where he places, Lauricella said he’s happy with his first season at OSU. “I would say being injury-free and winning my first couple meets in college was the most rewarding part,” he said. “I never would have thought that I could come in and be so successful.” In his first season, Lauricella planted firm roots within the track and field program. He’s developed a unique bond with his coaches, and Gary likes to give his thrower a hard time. “I call him ‘Jersey Shore’ guy,” Gary said. “You know, always tan, hair always looks good.” When Lauricella’s father posted his son’s nickname as “Will the thrill,” Gary had to poke fun. “Everyone keeps giving me a lot of stuff for this nickname,” Lauricella said. “To be honest, it’s really not my nickname. My dad put it up there and coach Gary found it, and they’ve been calling me it since. … They like to make fun of me for it, but I’m starting to embrace it.” In his time at OSU, Lauricella’s performance has surprised even himself. Always a hard worker, Lauricella said he knows he has had help along the way. “I really have to thank my high school coach and the professional help I got during high school also,” he said, “but none of this would have been possible without coach (Kevin) Mannon and everything that he’s taught me since I got to Ohio State.” Lauricella is still learning, and feels his best is still to come. Although he’s a long way from New Jersey, Lauricella says he feels at home at OSU. “It’s absolutely a whole different world,” he said. “I’m used to only seeing populated areas. It’s very nice. It’s very laid-back. It’s much more lax. Everyone’s a lot nicer out here … no complaints about it. I’m very happy where I’m at.”
Ohio State earned its second commitment on National Signing Day and its 26th member of the 2018 recruiting class with linebacker Javontae Jean-Baptiste.The four-star from Oradell, New Jersey, gives the Buckeyes their fourth linebacker in the class along with Dallas Gant, Teradja Mitchell and K’Vaughan Pope.Jean-Baptiste is currently ranked as the No. 219 overall recruit in the 2018 class, according to 247Sports composite. He is also the 16th-best linebacker and sixth-best recruit in the state.Ohio State only has one other current player on its roster from New Jersey, although that area has been a hotbed for recruits since Urban Meyer became head coach for the 2012 season.Jean-Baptiste was primarily recruited by safeties coach and defensive coordinator Greg Schiano, who told Bruce Feldman of FOX Sports that he will return to the Buckeyes in 2018 after being reportedly interested in the New England Patriots defensive coordinator job.Ohio State currently ranks behind Georgia as the No. 2 overall recruiting class.Correction: The original publication said Ohio State had the No. 1 overall 2018 recruiting class, where it in fact is ranked behind Georgia at No. 2.
Liverpool have officially announced Anfield will be hosting the pre-World Cup warm-up between Brazil and Croatia on June 3. This will be the first time Coutinho is going to play at Anfield since he left for Barca.The Brazilian was acquired by the Catalans during the January transfer window for the massive fee of 146 million pounds. Despite his departure, Jurgen Klopp and co. did not lose any momentum – they are now to be facing Roma in the semi-final stage in the Champions League and are currently third in the Premier League.Neymar can win the Ballon d’Or, says Ander Herrera Andrew Smyth – September 13, 2019 An “excited” Ander Herrera believes new Paris Saint-Germain team-mate Neymar is a contender for the Ballon d’Or alongside Kylian Mbappe.“We are especially looking forward to enjoying the atmosphere at Anfield, where Croatia has never played before – it’s a historic venue and I am convinced that our players will enjoy this match, along with our fans and all spectators,” said Davor Suker, president of the Croatian Football Federation.“A match between two great sides such as Brazil and Croatia is surely worthy of such an iconic stadium,” he went on to add.
Juventus and AC Milan will face off on January 16 in the Saudi city of Jeddah, but Amnesty International has condemned the decision.For the 10th time in history, the Italian Supercoppa will be played outside Italy.On January 16th, Juventus and AC Milan will face off in the Saudi Arabian city of Jeddah.But the decision by the Italian Lega Serie A has been met with opposition, especially from Amnesty International, after the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, and the treatment of women.Lukaku backed to beat Ronaldo in Serie A scoring charts Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Former Inter Milan star Andy van der Meyde is confident Romelu Lukaku will outscore Cristiano Ronaldo in this season’s Serie A.“Until last year, women were not allowed to attend any sporting event whatsoever,” Serie A president Gaetano Micciche told ESPN.“A few months on they have access to many sections within a stadium.”“We are working to ensure that the next time we host a tournament there, women will be able to sit wherever they like,” he added.“Women will be allowed to enter the stadium alone and without a chaperone, as had been erroneously reported by those who want to exploit the topic.”
BEAVER LOOP ROAD IMPROVEMENTS and PEDESTRIAN PATHWAYROAD CONSTRUCTION through the seasonThrough Monday, June 17, crews will be surveying and performing clearing operations. STERLING HIGHWAY REHABILITATION, SKILAK LAKE to STERLING ROAD CONSTRUCTION through the seasonCrews are working between MP 69 and 73 (Watson Lake Area), and between MP 65 and 67. Please be aware of PILOT CAR and flagging operations from 8:00pm to 8:00am, Monday thru Thursday, and 10:00pm to 8:00am on Friday and Sunday nights.Crews are also working during the day between MP 59 and 63, as well as between MP 69 and 71. Please be aware of flagging operations and crews working on the shoulder.Expected to begin on Sunday, June 9, crews will begin paving operations between MP 65 and 67. Please be aware of PILOT CAR and flagging operations, with up to 20 minute DELAYS.Drivers should be aware of equipment in the roadway. HSIP: STERLING HIGHWAY and MAIN STREET INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENTSROAD CONSTRUCTION through NovemberCrews are working intermittently at the intersection of the Sterling Highway and Main Street in Homer. Please expect flagging operations as work progresses. KALIFORNSKY BEACH ROAD MP 16 to 22.2, RESURFACING and SIGNALIZATIONROAD CONSTRUCTION through the seasonNo traffic impacts are expected for the duration of this project. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Department of Transportation has released it’s weekly road construction update for the projects currently taking place on the Kenai Peninsula. HSIP: STERLING HIGHWAY SHOULDER WIDENING MP 97 to 118ROAD CONSTRUCTION through OctoberDETOUR: Drivers should be aware that the DETOUR on Johnson Lake Loop Road is in place while crews work on installing a fish passage culvert at Crooked Creek. Crews have installed a temporary bridge and new alignments at both ends of Johnson Lake Loop Road for the DETOUR.Construction crews are working between MP 101 and 118.Crews are working day and night shifts. Drivers should be aware of possible TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS and DELAYS.Crews will be installing culverts at Slikok Tributary, Clam Gulch, Coal Creek and Crooked Creek. KENAI SPUR HIGHWAY REHABILITATION, SPORTS LAKE to SWIRES ROAD, PHASE I ROAD CONSTRUCTION through the seasonCrews are working off the roadway during the day from 8:00am to 7:00pm. Please be aware of equipment and vehicles entering and exiting the roadway.Crews are also working at night from 7:00pm to 6:00am. Please expect DELAYS with PILOT CAR and flagging operations.The pedestrian pathway will be impacted daily, with flaggers posted to assist pedestrians as needed. Please be aware that sections of the pathway are gravel.Drivers should be aware of a NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN from MP 6.5 to 8. Please be aware of traffic control. Use caution and reduce speed if necessary.