…says he took employer’s vehicle on joyride to “show off”A remorseful yet humorous Mark Anthony, called “Unruly Boss”, a labourer of no fixed address, appeared unrepresented before Chief Magistrate Ann Mc Lennan to answer a complaint mad by his employer, Rajiff Singh of La Penitence (Georgetown), that he had taken Singh’s motor van, GSS 1970, valued at $3.35 million, without permission, and had abandoned same on the Agricola Public Road after it had run out of gas.Anthony pleaded guilty to the offence, and told the court that he is 24 years old with no fixed place of abode — living “all over in a lot of places”.Anthony had previously worked with the complainant’s father in the interior, but had recently been fired. Despite being the one to have fired Anthony, Singh had taken him under his roof, as Anthony had nowhere to live when he returned to Georgetown. In return for being provided with food, clothing and shelter, Anthony was expected to lend a hand on the businessman’s premises, and had been working as a labourer for the past two months.On Boxing Day last (December 26, 2017), Singh left his premises in care of Anthony and went to visit relatives in Kitty. However, as he was driving north along Vlissingen Road, Anthony cruised past him in motor van GSS 1970.At a traffic light, Singh made eye contact with Anthony, causing Anthony to speed away in a nervous state. The alarmed employer then made a report to the Ruimveldt Police Station, and Anthony was subsequently arrested and detained at the Kitty Police Station. The motor van was found abandoned on the Agricola Public Road the following day.In court, Anthony readily admitted to the offence, but said he had no intention to steal the vehicle. “I just went on a lil’ show-off drive. I didn’t intend to steal,” Anthony pleaded.He said he was forced to abandon the vehicle after it had run out of gas, and he had given his girlfriend the keys to the vehicle for safekeeping.The Chief Magistrate fined Anthony $30,000, with an alternative of two months in jail for default of payment.“I will spend the two months, and I will try to behave myself,” he assured the court.
“Neymar is the first to want to play every match, he’s very focussed on Real. I think there’s a small chance that he’ll be ready for the match,” added Emery.PSG trail 3-1 from the last 16 first leg in Madrid two weeks ago and the loss of Neymar would be a huge blow to their chances of overturning that deficit at the Parc des Princes on March 6 and reaching the Champions League quarter-finals.Neymar suffered a cracked metatarsal in his foot and a twisted ankle in an innocuous looking incident against Marseille on Sunday night.And while Spaniard Emery said there is a possibility he’ll recover by next week, he was more pessimistic than he had been on Sunday night.“Today, after analysing Neymar, it looks less likely than it did on Sunday that he’ll be ready for this match,” said Emery.However, he was clear in his dismissal of a report published by Brazilian newspaper Globo Esporte on Tuesday morning that claimed a decision had already been reached for Neymar to undergo an operation, and that he would be out until May.– ‘Tranquility and patience’ –“Last night (Monday) the club issued an official statement: it said how the player was medically,” said Emery.“Things (like operations) aren’t decided like that,” he added, clicking his fingers.“You need discussions with the doctor, the player, his entourage.“To make such an important decision you need tranquility and a bit of patience.“Right now, I don’t think you need anything else. There’s a lot of information from outside, but the truth is what I told you, which is what the doctor told me.”Neymar was visibly in pain before he was stretchered from the pitch © AFP / GEOFFROY VAN DER HASSELTWhile PSG’s primary concern is having the world’s most expensive player available for their Champions League match next week, in Brazil it is Neymar’s participation at the World Cup that is most pressing.The 26-year-old captained Brazil to their first ever Olympic gold medal 18 months ago on home soil and is seen as crucial to their hopes in Russia in June and July.Were he to undergo an operation now and return to fitness in May, that would suit Brazil, who could then rely on a fully fit and fresh Neymar for the World Cup. Four years ago, Neymar missed the semifinal against Germany with injury and Brazil were thrashed 7-1.Globo had said Neymar would have a “pin” attached to his metatarsal bone and would be fit to return in May.Recovery from metatarsal injuries usually take weeks, if not months.Just last year, Neymar’s international team-mate Gabriel Jesus was out of action for two months after breaking a metatarsal playing for Manchester City.Former England stars David Beckham and Wayne Rooney spent six weeks on the sidelines with metatarsal injuries in the past.Earlier on Tuesday, AFP spoke to a number of medical experts who all set a downbeat tone.“It would be very risky as it’s a fragile bone in the foot which is difficult to protect,” said Jean-Marcel Ferrat, a former doctor with the France national football team.“(Playing against Real) could compromise the rest of his season.”Parisian osteopath Alain Gosp Server said such injuries normally take “three weeks to heal”.“It will all depend on his treatment but what’s sure is that he wouldn’t be at 100 percent (in eight days),” added Gosp Server.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Neymar still has a small chance of playing against Real, his PSG coach Unai Emery says © AFP / GEOFFROY VAN DER HASSELTPARIS, France, Feb 27 – Neymar still has a “small chance” of playing against Real Madrid in the Champions League and there are no plans for an operation on his cracked bone, Paris Saint-Germain coach Unai Emery said on Tuesday.“For Neymar there has been no decision to have an operation,” said Emery, denying an earlier report in the Brazilian press that the world’s most expensive player would go under the knife to fix the cracked bone in his foot.