“Unruly Boss” jailed

first_img…says he took employer’s vehicle on joyride to “show off”A remorseful yet humorous Mark Anthony, called “Unruly Boss”, a labourer of no fixed address, appeared unrepresented before Chief Magistrate Ann Mc Lennan to answer a complaint mad by his employer, Rajiff Singh of La Penitence (Georgetown), that he had taken Singh’s motor van, GSS 1970, valued at $3.35 million, without permission, and had abandoned same on the Agricola Public Road after it had run out of gas.Anthony pleaded guilty to the offence, and told the court that he is 24 years old with no fixed place of abode — living “all over in a lot of places”.Anthony had previously worked with the complainant’s father in the interior, but had recently been fired. Despite being the one to have fired Anthony, Singh had taken him under his roof, as Anthony had nowhere to live when he returned to Georgetown. In return for being provided with food, clothing and shelter, Anthony was expected to lend a hand on the businessman’s premises, and had been working as a labourer for the past two months.On Boxing Day last (December 26, 2017), Singh left his premises in care of Anthony and went to visit relatives in Kitty. However, as he was driving north along Vlissingen Road, Anthony cruised past him in motor van GSS 1970.At a traffic light, Singh made eye contact with Anthony, causing Anthony to speed away in a nervous state. The alarmed employer then made a report to the Ruimveldt Police Station, and Anthony was subsequently arrested and detained at the Kitty Police Station. The motor van was found abandoned on the Agricola Public Road the following day.In court, Anthony readily admitted to the offence, but said he had no intention to steal the vehicle. “I just went on a lil’ show-off drive. I didn’t intend to steal,” Anthony pleaded.He said he was forced to abandon the vehicle after it had run out of gas, and he had given his girlfriend the keys to the vehicle for safekeeping.The Chief Magistrate fined Anthony $30,000, with an alternative of two months in jail for default of payment.“I will spend the two months, and I will try to behave myself,” he assured the court.last_img read more

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE GALLAGHER OPENS NEW DONEGAL TOWN ENTERPRISE CENTRE

first_imgPresidential candidate and TV business guru Sean Gallagher has officially opened the new Donegal Town Enterprise Centre in Donegal Town.The 8,000 sq. ft. custom built premises beside the craft centre at Lurganboy has eight units, including office units and ground floor multi-purpose units with shared conference / meeting room.Mr Gallagher said it was an important development for the town. “This new Enterprise Centre provides a perfect location for small businesses which are starting out,” he said.The project is being co-funded by Enterprise Ireland, Donegal County Council, Donegal County Enterprise Fund, local fundraising and a bank loan.Donegal Town Community Chamber has taken one of the eight units.This will enable on site management of the facility and provision, if required, of phone answering and office services for clients. The Chamber will also provide assistance in the areas of grant aid, mentoring, advice, sourcing local suppliers and publicity. PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE GALLAGHER OPENS NEW DONEGAL TOWN ENTERPRISE CENTRE was last modified: July 9th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegal town enterprise centresean gallagherlast_img read more