Related Items:#Burrowsfacechildpornographycharges, #magneticmedianews, #SharranBurrows Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, July 21, 2017 – Nassau – Having photos on his cell phone of an under-aged girl performing sexual acts is what got a 41 year old Pinewood Gardens man remanded to prison and facing a dozen charges of child pornography.Sharran Burrows was slammed with 12 counts of possession of child pornography under Section 16A and 2b of the Sexual Offenses Act, chapter 99.For two years, investigators allege, Burrows had lewd images of a female under the age of 18 but the man says he is not guilty and will stand trial in the Magistrate’s court.Chief Magistrate, Joyann Ferguson-Pratt remanded the man to the Department of Correctional Services to await that trial but Burrows can apply for bail at the Supreme Court level if he wants to.September 13 (2017) is the date given for a fixture hearing to determine within which court this trial, for Sharran Burrows, will play out.#MagneticMediaNews#SharranBurrows#Burrowsfacechildpornographycharges Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
This undated file photo provided by the Baltimore Police Department, shows Donte Crawford. Crawford was charged as an adult with attempted murder in the stabbing of a schoolmate at Renaissance Academy High School in Baltimore. Baltimore police spokesman T.J. Smith said in a statement that the student died Sunday, Dec. 21, nearly a month after the Nov. 24 stabbing. (Baltimore Police Department via AP)BALTIMORE (AP) — A 17-year-old student who authorities say was stabbed by another teen in a Baltimore high school classroom has died.Baltimore police spokesman T.J. Smith said in a statement that the student died Sunday night, nearly a month after the Nov. 24 stabbing at Renaissance Academy High School.Lt. Jarron Jackson, another police spokesman, identified the slain student as Ananias Jolley.Seventeen-year-old Donte Crawford is charged as an adult with attempted murder in the attack. Smith says investigators are working with the State’s Attorney’s Office to file additional charges.Police said Crawford, a 10th-grader, went into an occupied third-floor classroom, stabbed the 11th-grader and ran away. Crawford was arrested a short time later at home. Police said it wasn’t clear what prompted the attack.___This story has been corrected to show that Jackson is a lieutenant, not a sergeant.
Darjeeling: Late Amitava Malik, Sub-Inspector of Police, will be awarded the Chief Minister’s Bravery Award 2017 posthumously. Other police personnel will also be receiving the Bravery Award and Shourya Padaks. Incidentally, the Darjeeling Hills had been in the grip of agitation since June 8, 2017 which included a 104-day bandh which had ended on September 26. There were incidents of violence, arson, explosions and rioting. As the agitators locked horns with security personnel, 13 lives were lost during the period of agitation. Also Read – Heavy rain hits traffic, flightsOn October 13, 2017, a police team had raided the jungles of Shirubari forest on the banks of Chota Rangeet river, 25 km from Darjeeling, in search of GJM president Bimal Gurung. There was an alleged exchange of fire between the police and Gurung’s supporters. SI Malik, who was in hot pursuit, fell prey to a bullet allegedly fired by Gurung’s supporters.A huge cache of arms, ammunition and explosives were recovered by the police from the spot. His wife was later given a job in the police department. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Merc, 2 B’deshi bystanders killedAlong with Late Malik, other awardees of the Chief Minister’s Bravery Award include Akhilesh Chaturvedi, Superintendent of Police, Darjeeling; Soumyajit Roy, IC Sadar, Darjeeling and SI Abhijit Biswas of Sadar PS, Darjeeling.The recipients of the Shourya Padak 2017 include Nagendra Nath Tripathi, Commandant, SAP (10th Battalion;) Amarnath K, SP (Operations,) Darjeeling; Rahul Pandey, DSP (HQ,) Darjeeling; Kiran Tamang, Assistant Commandant, 2nd IRB and Shyamal Barman, Constable, SAP.Assistant Commandant Kiran Tamang was critically injured on June 17 during sporadic clashes between the GJM supporters and the security forces. The Army had to be deployed on that day to bring the situation under control. The list was notified by Alok Kumar Bhaumik, OSD and Ex-officio Joint Secretary to the government of West Bengal.
Enroll Now for Free This hands-on workshop will give you the tools to authentically connect with an increasingly skeptical online audience. September 18, 2012 min read Free Workshop | August 28: Get Better Engagement and Build Trust With Customers Now News of the attacks was first reported by Boston-based security firm Rapid7.Related: 3 Tips for Beefing Up Password Security (Infographic)Microsoft says it is working on a security update to address the vulnerability. In the meantime, the tech giant advises users of the affected versions of the browser to implement several workarounds while it finds a permanent solution. Another option is switching to another browser entirely, such as Firefox or Google Chrome.Meanwhile, Google has alerted IE users that, starting November 15, its popular Google Apps will no longer run on IE 8 or earlier versions of the browser. Google said the editions that will be affected include Google Apps, Google Apps for Business, Education and Government.That means if you use IE to access Google’s mail, calendars and other applications for business, make sure that you’ve updated your browser to the latest available version.Related: What ‘DDoS’ Attacks Are and How to Survive Them image credit: ZDNetIf you and your employees use Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE), you may be at risk for having your computers taken over by hackers.Microsoft has confirmed that hackers are exploiting a vulnerability in versions 7, 8, and 9 of the Internet Explorer browser. Microsoft said that it has received reports of a small number of “targeted attacks” that occur when an IE user views a site that’s hosting malicious code. A hacker is able to add that code to your computer and remotely take control over it — adding or deleting files, setting up new accounts or worse.
Earlier this month, Google upgraded its home security and alarm system, Nest Secure to work with its Google Assistant. This meant that Nest Secure customers would be able to perform tasks like asking Google about the weather. The device came with a microphone for this purpose, without it being mentioned on the device’s published specifications. On Tuesday, a Google spokesperson got in touch with Business Insider and told them that the miss was an “error” on their part. “The on-device microphone was never intended to be a secret and should have been listed in the tech specs. Further, the Nest team added that the microphone has “never been on” and is activated only when users specifically enable the option. As an explanation as to why the microphone was installed in the devices, the team said that it was in order to support future features “such as the ability to detect broken glass.” Before sending over an official statement to Business Insider, the Nest team replied to a similar concern from a user on Twitter, in early February. Scott Galloway, professor of marketing at the New York University Stern School of Business, has expressed strong sentiments regarding this news on Twitter Users have even accused Google of “pretending the mistake happened” and slammed Google over such an error. Apart from Google, there have also been multiple cases in the past of Amazon Alexa and Google home listening to people’s conversations, thus invading privacy. Earlier this year, a family in Portland, discovered that its Alexa-powered Echo device had recorded their private conversation and sent it to a random person in their contacts list. Google’s so-called “error” can lead to a drop in the number of customers buying its home security system as well as a drop in the trust users place in Google’s products. It is high time Google starts thinking along the line of security standards and integrity maintained in its products. Read Next Amazon’s Ring gave access to its employees to watch live footage of the customers, The Intercept reports Email and names of Amazon customers exposed due to ‘technical error’; number of affected users unknown Google Home and Amazon Alexa can no longer invade your privacy; thanks to Project Alias!