Dorothy L. Gaultney, 65 of Greensburg, Indiana, passed away at 4:47 p.m. on November 27, 2019 at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana. Born September 14, 1954 in Shelbyville, Illinois, she was the daughter of Charles Raymond and Alma Reca (Johnson) Smith. Dorothy “Momma Doe” was a 1973 graduate of Maroa-Forsyth High School. She was married to Kevin Gaultney on October 20, 2001 and he survives. Other survivors include; stepdaughter, Kristina Gaultney; brother, Jimmy Smith of Pana, Il; two grandsons, three great grandkids, all chosen children, many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers and three sisters. A public visitation will be held on Monday from 3 to 7:00 p.m. at the Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home in Greensburg. Graveside Services will be held at the Maroa Cemetery in Maroa, Illinois at a later date. Online condolences can be made to the family at www.popfuneralhome.com
Syracuse moved up three spots in the weekly Inside Lacrosse rankings after beating Northwestern 16-11 on Saturday night. The Orange now sit at No. 4.Syracuse (4-1) was eliminated by the Wildcats in the quarterfinal of the NCAA Tournament last year. But on Saturday, then-No. 7 SU got its revenge, upsetting then-No. 6 Northwestern.The defense conceded 11 goals against a Northwestern side that was averaging more than 24 goals per game before Saturday’s matchup in Evanston. Six goals from the nation’s leading scorer, Emily Hawryschuk, paired with five goals from sophomore Meaghan Tyrrell fueled the Orange’s second-half surge and eventual victory.Northwestern suffered its second loss of the season but only dropped one spot to No. 7 in the latest poll.Syracuse hosts hosts unranked Colgate Monday at 5 p.m. The Raiders are 0-13 all-time against the Orange. On Friday, SU faces off against No. 9 Maryland, who dropped five spots in the latest poll. The defending-champion Terrapins are 1-2 this season.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Comments Published on February 24, 2020 at 1:16 pm Contact Roshan: [email protected] | @Roshan_f16 Facebook Twitter Google+
Klay Thompson subscribes. You can too for just 11 cents a day for 11 months + receive a free Warriors Championship book. Sign me up!OAKLAND – The topic first prompted DeMarcus Cousins to make a plug about his shoe.Duke freshman star Zion Williamson both sprained his right knee during Wednesday’s game against North Carolina and tore through the soles of his Nike shoe. Cousins mentioned that never happened to him since he is a “Puma guy.”“I don’t have anything,” Cousins said following morning …
28 May 2013 The newly refurbished Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory will soon be officially opened for South Africans and visitors to the country to explore and enjoy the legacy of the life and times of Nelson Mandela. Speaking to SAnews during an event to showcase the refurbished centre in Johannesburg on Monday, Sello Hatang, who will take over the reins as the centre’s CEO on June 1, said: “We’ve got a centre that is beginning to re-imagine itself as a public resource. “We hope that in August or September when we [officially] open, a lot of south Africans, people from other countries in Africa, including the global community, will be able to come and enjoy what we have here. “We want to serve as a centre that will galvanise people to do Mandela Day activities daily, organise people around dialogue, and share Madiba’s legacy.” Hatang said the facility represented the final transition of Mandela’s post-presidential office into a public and dialogue facility, as well as a physical home for Madiba’s legacy, adding that Mandela did not belong to any one institution, but was a global resource to be shared. Hatang noted that entry to the refurbished centre would be free but by appointment only, as the facility would not be able to cater to large numbers of visitors at the same time.50 years since arrival on Robben Island Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe, who attended Monday’s event, said the refurbishing of the centre also coincided with the 50th anniversary of Mandela’s arrival on Robben Island. It was on 27 May 1963 when Mandela arrived on Robben Island as a prisoner for the first time, just over six months after he was sentenced to five years in prison for leaving the country without a passport and inciting workers to strike. Motlanthe said Madiba was an iconic figure not only for the country, but for the international community as well. The Deputy President also emphasised the importance of archives in measuring progress towards goals. “Distance in a temporal sense is managed by the future as projected by those who came before us. We need to go back in time and mine the important resolutions and dreams from the archives to measure how far we’ve come,” he said. The acting chairperson of the Mandela Centre of Memory and chairperson of the Mandela Rhodes Foundation, Professor Njabulo Ndebele, said the three key objectives of the centre were to deliver to the world an integrated information resource on the life and times of Nelson Mandela; to convene dialogues on critical social issues of the day; and to share Madiba’s legacy through campaigns such as Mandela Day. The centre’s outgoing CEO, Achmat Dangor, said he had learned two important lessons from Mandela: firstly, that when you are fundraising, “don’t leave without the cheque”. And secondly, “when you bring people together who agree with one another, that’s a chat; but when they disagree and want to talk about it, that’s dialogue.”Exploring the centre Guests at Monday’s event were invited to browse the centre’s reading room and spend a moment in Madiba’s post-presidential office, which has been transformed into a public dialogue facility. The office has been preserved exactly as he left it in 2010. The upper level of the centre has been transformed into an interactive space for visitors, with a permanent exhibition called The Life & Times of Nelson Mandela. It will also feature a reading room for research and reference work, as well as facilities to host discussions. On the lower level, a high-tech archival storage facility has been created for the centre’s archival collections, including Madiba’s personal papers. Source: SAnews.gov.za
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest I was wanting to finish beans last week and then a few things came up, we got a shower and we switched over to corn for a few days. Then we bounced back to beans and it looks like everything should be done before Thanksgiving — knock on wood. The corn yields have been average, not great. The last field I planted was around 18.5% moisture and was yielding in the 150s or so. On that side of town we didn’t have a lot of water. I was really concerned about one field and it only ran 115, but it didn’t have the water. I thought corn yields would be a little higher than we have seen but the beans were above my expectations.We had a field of beans at my brother’s that was pushing an 80-bushel average. I thought bean yields would be lower and I have been pleasantly surprised. Is it going to make up for the corn yields being lower? More than likely not.The corn price in the mid $3-range is not a good situation no matter what the yields are. If you can put it in the bin and sit on it I think that may help. We did some more contracting with beans. We are just trying not to overextend ourselves, try to hedge a little bit and take it day by day.We talked about doing some fall spraying and we have some ripping to do. We have had beautiful weather, but it sounds like a drastic change is coming. We’ll have to get everything winterized.All the wheat that we planted looks good. I don’t think there is a lot of wheat planted in the state. There was a good amount last year and a lot of straw baled and it will be interesting this next year.We couldn’t have asked for any better weather this fall.
Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. NBA: Paul believes blockbuster trade will benefit both Rockets, Clippers Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ China furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong MOST READ LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucena Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Napa himself confirmed the move and the mentor said the addition of the former ace Knight would serve as a huge boost for the squad in this year’s campaign.“Kerby is a huge part for us, especially with his experience in the PBA. He can teach the players on how to handle some situations and that’s the aspect which he can really help us,” he said.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsNapa noted that Raymundo’s resume alone is enough testament on what the newest assistant coach can bring to the table.“He’s Kerby Raymundo. When you talk about Letran, you cannot talk about Kerby Raymundo, so he’s really a big boost for us that he’s here,” said the soft-spoken bench tactician. For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. LATEST STORIES View comments Kerby Raymundo. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netKerby Raymundo is back home.The 1999 NCAA Most Valuable Player has made his way to the sidelines, joining Jeff Napa’s coaching staff to serve his alma mater Letran for NCAA Season 93.ADVERTISEMENT Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Lacson: PH lost about P161.5B tax revenue from big trading partners in 2017 PLAY LIST 03:46Lacson: PH lost about P161.5B tax revenue from big trading partners in 201702:09‘Very evasive cop’ ordered detained in Bilibid02:04‘Very evasive cop’ ordered detained in Pasay City jail by Senate02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games El Nido residents told to vacate beach homes
NEW ORLEANS – The Trump administration is easing rules imposed on offshore oil and gas drilling six years after the nation’s worst offshore oil spill.The decision won immediate praise from an offshore drilling group, but environmentalists said it would increase the risk of future disasters.The changes, which will take effect Dec. 27, come as the administration seeks to expand offshore drilling into areas where it is currently banned and has scrapped an Obama-era policy to protect oceans and the Great Lakes, replacing it with one emphasizing economic growth.A 48-page notice from the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement published Friday in the Federal Register says the agency “has become aware that certain provisions in that rulemaking created potentially unduly burdensome requirements for oil and natural gas production operators … without meaningfully increasing safety of the workers or protection of the environment.”An offshore drilling industry group said it’s a positive step.“The revisions develop a rule that reduces unnecessary burdens placed on industry, while still maintaining world-class safety and environmental protections. We have a rule that is not a safety rollback, but instead incorporates modern technological advances,” Randall Luthi, president of the National Ocean Industries Association, said in a news release.The Center for Biological Diversity, an environmental group, said the changes raise the risk of more deadly accidents like the one that killed 11 men on the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig in 2010 and spewed an estimated 134 million gallons (507 million litres) of oil into waters off Louisiana.The group objected most strongly to dropping a requirement for third-party inspections of offshore drilling safety equipment — something oceans program director Miyoko Sakashita (sah-KAHSH-tah) called one of the biggest recommendations resulting from the Deepwater Horizon spill.The new rules replace that with design testing and documentation by the operator, with independent review and certification if a device is moved to a different location.“In a time when there is this tremendous push to expand offshore oil and gas drilling, if anything we need to be tightening up regulations and making it safer rather than rolling back regulations for industry safety,” she said in a phone interview.“We’ve seen in the past that just allowing the industry to regulate itself is not an effective way to prevent oil spills and protect the safety of workers,” she continued. “So it’s important to have the third-party oversight.”The agency, often referred to by the initials BSEE, said it is keeping “multiple layers of review to ensure safety and environmental protection in the design, installation and testing” of safety systems.“BSEE expects those procedural changes will continue to ensure safety and environmental protection, especially because of the other, more substantive, regulatory requirements applicable to safety equipment design, function, maintenance, and testing that are being retained or enhanced,” it said in a response to comments made to its original proposal last year.The agency said those include requiring most types of safety and pollution prevention equipment to be independently “design-tested” against detailed testing criteria, and requiring such equipment to be made and marked under a quality assurance program meeting standards approved by the agency.
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant Wednesday proved the majority of his BJP-led government in the Assembly, comfortably winning a floor test in the House. Twenty MLAs voted for the motion of confidence in the two-day old government, while 15 opposed it. The special session of the House was convened by Governor Mridula Sinha to conduct the floor test, after Sawant was sworn in as the CM during wee hours of Tuesday. Besides 11 members from BJP, three each from Goa Forward Party, MGP and Independents supported Sawant during the head count conducted in the House. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details The Assembly session was presided over by Deputy Speaker Michael Lobo. All the 14 MLAs of Congress and one from NCP stood up against the motion. After winning the trust vote, Sawant appealed all the members to join hands with him to ensure that developmental work reaches every nook and corner of the state. The change in leadership in the coastal state was necessitated due to the death of then CM Manohar Parrikar on Sunday.
Kolkata: In a unique move some cartoonists in the city have come up with graffitis on the walls urging people to conduct peaceful elections.The initiative has been undertaken at a time when the political parties have occupied over most of the walls in the city to paint graffiti of their parties along with the symbol. The cartoonists some of whom are doctors, engineers and teachers approached the Sovabazar Burtola Durgotsav Committee and requested the authorities to provide a wall in Sovabazar area where they can paint cartoons to create awareness in people. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaA spokesman for the Durgotsav Committee said: ” Initially we got a shock as it was difficult to get walls at the time of general elections. However, we managed to finds some walls where the cartoonists came up with interesting graffiti on the elections. A spokesman for the cartoonists said: “Through the cartoons we have urged the people to vote peacefully. Election is a celebration in which people take part and exercise their franchise. Though the cartoons we have tried to make people aware of their Constitutional rights. We have not come up with any cartoon which will hurt the sentiment of any people or political Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayparty. As humour is a part of painting cartoons, there is an element of humour in our paintings.” In 1970s when Left Front came to power many cartoons had come up with paintings on the walls on key political issues like the Emergency. Along with the cartoons short rhymes were also written to promote the message in the paintings. But over the years, political cartoons have started disappearing. In 2019, the biggest problem faced by the political parties irrespective of colour is they are unable to get good wall graffiti artists. Most of the wall graffiti artists, who were whole timers in case of Left parties, have become old and young artists are a few in number. A senior Forward Bloc leader said: “The party had failed to get graffiti artists who could paint proper lions, which is the symbol of the party.”